He added: “Kung tatanggalin man namin ang All-Star, kailangan hanapan ng kapalit na event. Pero mahirap hanapan ng kapalit ‘yun.” MANILA – The Philippine BasketballAssociation (PBA) is hoping that the All-Star festivities this year scheduledin Passi City, Iloilo is still on the green light. Last week, Marcial confirmed that theleague decided to shorten the season possibly into two conferences instead ofthe usual three. According to PBA Commissioner WillieMarcial, the league is optimistic to see the event tip-off after thecoronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak in the country. The 2020 PBA Philippine Cup was able toshowcase a single clash between defending champions San Miguel Beermen andMagnolia Hotshots before it got halted due to COVID-19. PBA’s All-Star event generates at leastP1 million for the Players Trust Fund, which is dedicated to the scholarshipsof the children of the PBA players. “We’re even thinking of aninnovative format for this year’s All-Stars. But all we can do now is to wait,just as what we do for the resumption of Season 45, he said.” Negrense Jeffrei Chan of Visayas All-Stars goes for a wide open layup during a match in the Visayas leg of the 2018 Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) All-Stars at the University of San Agustin Gym here on May 27, 2018. IAN PAUL CORDERO/PN The University of San Agustin Gym herehosted twice the PBA All-Star matches in 2000 and 2018./PN “Hindi basta-basta pwede tanggalin ang All-Star because it’s reallyfor the fans,” Marcial said on April 12. “It generates the funds thatwe turn to the Players Trust Fund.”
Bayern Munich, who currently have the Brazilian on loan, have decided against exercising the option to sign him on a permanent transfer.Kia Joorabchian, the agent of the 27-year-old is looking for an accommodation for his client in the Premier League once his loan deal with the German club expiresThat’s when the interest from Chelsea, the Gunners and the Magpies is mentioned, with the agent ‘moving’ to arrange a transfer.Barca’s ‘desire and need’ is to sell the Brazilian before the end of this financial year and their idea is to cash in €80m from his transfer. However, it won’t be easy, especially during the global health crisis.Embed from Getty ImagesTherefore, Quique Setién’s side are open to letting the South American go out on another loan spell, provided their conditions are met.Barcelona allowed Coutinho to join Bayern for a loan fee of €8.5m and the Bundesliga winners had to cover his full wages.For this summer, the Camp Nou side will ask for a loan fee of €10m and the club who end up signing the former Liverpool man will also have to cover his entire salary.Newcastle are very much in the picture, and the Catalan media take their interest with full seriousness.by Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksTrending TodayForge of Empires – Free Online GameThe Most Addictive Game of the Year 2019Forge of Empires – Free Online GameUndo聽多多 Hearmore.asia1969年前出生的香港居民現可免費試戴頂尖的歐洲助聽器聽多多 Hearmore.asiaUndoHero WarsGetting this Treasure is impossible! Prove us wrong!Hero WarsUndo熱門話題小心會長過頭…網友推爆:「真的長得超誇張!」熱門話題UndoCoworking Space | Search AdsThe cost of shared office in Hong Kong might surprise youCoworking Space | Search AdsUndoStanChart by CNBC CatalystDigitization in Banks Is No Longer About Efficiency, but Business Resilience. Don’t Get Left Behind.StanChart by CNBC CatalystUndoCNN with DBS BankWhat Banks Did To Help Corporations Mitigate Future CrisesCNN with DBS BankUndoLoans | Search AdsNeed a loan? Search hereLoans | Search AdsUndoKeto减肥1個簡單的妙招一夜「融化」腹部贅肉（今晚試試）Keto减肥Undo Chelsea, Arsenal and Newcastle United have ‘shown interest’ in Philippe Coutinho, according to Mundo Deportivo.
Here’s a list of items that are needed: WaterSport DrinksSnacksSocksHand warmersAA and AAA batteriesHand sanitizerHeadlampsLip balmEye dropsNasal sprayPaper platesPrepackaged plastic silverwareCoffee and coffee accessoriesProtein barsBandanasMoleskinDuct tapeBoot socks and lacesWork glovesHand warmersWipesFoot powderHand sanitizerBody washRazorsShaving creamSoapDeodorantMouth washEye dropsOver-the-counter allergy medicationNasal sprayIbuprofen and Advil Angel Medical Center in FranklinBlue Ridge Regional Hospital in Spruce PineHighlands-Cashiers HospitalMission Hospital in AshevilleMcDowell Hospital in MarionTransylvania Regional Hospital in Brevard Mission Health is collecting donations from across the region to help local fire departments and emergency services as they continue to battle forest fires in western North Carolina.Items ranging from batteries to socks and personal hygiene items are needed.“Our team members, some of whom have been personally impacted by the fires, are ready to help their friends and neighbors and the fire fighters and emergency first responders who are working to keep us safe,” said Jill Hoggard Green, Chief Operating Officer, Mission Health and President, Mission Hospital. “We know members of the public also want to help and we invited them to come by the hospital and make a donation of much-needed supplies. Collecting donations is just one of the many ways Mission Health is responding to this tragedy in our community.”Mission Health employees and the public are encouraged to donate. Boxes for these donations will be placed in lobbies and cafeterias at the following locations
9 January 2013 As thousands of schools in South Africa’s inland provinces opened their gates on Wednesday, Deputy President Kgalema Motlanthe shared a few valuable lessons with learners. “You are the most privileged generation; we don’t want to burden you with any [undue] responsibilities. The only responsibility for you is to learn,” Motlanthe told learners at Pholosho Secondary School in Alexandra, Johannesburg. Motlanthe was accompanied by Basic Education Minister Angie Motshekga to check the school’s readiness for the start of the new academic year. He also handed over school uniforms to 200 learners who are beneficiaries of the Department of Social Development.‘You must be at your desk learning’ Motlanthe, who was once a learner at the same school, encouraged learners to get to school on time. He reminded them that life was a long journey and that only they could decide what they wanted to be in the future. “As government, we are determined to create an environment where learning and teaching will be conducive and nothing should disrupt the learning process … You must be at your desk learning, that should be your priority. If anything interferes with your learning, raise it with your principal, SGB – even the President,” Motlanthe said. Motshekga said the department had done its part and the main focus was now on learners to pass with flying colours. She urged members of the school governing body (SGB) to include on their agenda the item of learning and teaching in their monthly meetings, and parents to check their children’s school work to see if there was enough work and progress in class. “We are not laughing this year, you’ll only succeed through learning and teaching in the classroom … that’s the focus for 2013. “I hope we will have a different ANA [Annual National Assessment] result this year. For our kids to learn maths, they must do maths over and over again until they master it, and literature through reading,” said Motshekga. Regarding the state of readiness for the new academic year, an optimistic Motshekga said the department was ready to deliver quality education.One-million new learners “We are ready for Day 1. We are ready to welcome about one-million learners into the education system,” she said. A cheque of R10 000, donated by the office of Archbishop Thabo Makgoba – who was also a learner at Pholosho – was handed over to the school for bursaries to assist three learners. School principal Margaret Tsakge said it was an honour for the school to be visited by the Deputy President and Basic Education Minister. “It doesn’t happen every [year] that you get to share the first day of schools reopening with them. It’s really an honour,” said Tsakge. Grade 7 learner Nhlanhla Mnguni was just happy to see Motlanthe standing few metres away from where she was. “I only see them on TV. This has given me courage to study hard so that I don’t disappoint them, as they took their time to come and speak to us,” said Nhlanhla. Source: SANews.gov.za
Oncam, the leading provider of 360-degree video capture and business intelligence technology, announced today the addition of a recessed camera model to both its Evolution-05 and Evolution-12 camera lines. A benefit to any interior design and a necessity for applications where aesthetics are critical, the new recessed cameras further diversify the company’s offerings.Blending seamlessly into any environment, the Evolution-05 and Evolution-12 recessed cameras are designed to offer the same 360-degree quality image and reliable and robust construction as the rest of the range, but in an easy to install, nearly-invisible design. While many other recessed cameras require extensive installation processes, Oncam’s recessed models can be managed entirely from below the ceiling line, making them easy and quick to install and maintain.The visible part of the camera has an extremely low profile, and can be painted to match any color scheme. Both models are Plenum rated to UL2043 standard for installation in ceilings and air handling spaces. All this makes it possible to provide high quality, unobstructed images without overshadowing elements of interior design in retail stores, hotels, casinos, banks and other applications.- Sponsor – “Our new recessed camera models give design-conscious organizations the opportunity to safeguard people and assets without compromising aesthetics,” said Justin Wheatley, VP Product Management, Oncam. “Oncam strives to offer its customers innovative solutions that best fit their locations while ensuring they receive the same high-quality 360-degree images that they need to optimize business operations, deliver extensive coverage and achieve significant ROI.”As with all other Oncam cameras, the recessed models incorporate Oncam’s industry-leading three-dimensional dewarping software to enable live and retrospective viewing and analysis of an entire scene. The free mobile app, OnVu360, brings Oncam’s signature 360-degree dewarping experience to customers’ fingertips, so the benefits can extend far beyond just the surveillance system. OnVu360 is integrated with many major video management systems, to extend Oncam’s experience beyond live viewing.The Evolution-05 and Evolution-12 camera ranges are ONVIF Profile S conformant, and integrate with third-party products that comply with the Profile S specifications.To schedule a demo during ASIS International Seminar and Exhibits, being held Sept. 12-14, in Orlando, Fla., or for more information, contact Oncam at [email protected] Stay UpdatedGet critical information for loss prevention professionals, security and retail management delivered right to your inbox. Sign up now
The Fatted Calf and Ayutthaya: New restos worth the drive to Tagaytay Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games MRT 7 on track for partial opening in 2021 After 30 years, Johnlu Koa still doing ‘hard-to-make’ quality breads View comments Nazareth inaugural girls’ volley champ The Tigresses, who are getting the on-court lessons they need for the coming UAAP season, are winless in six starts while the Tornadoes created a three-way gridlock with the Petron Blaze Spikers and F2 Cargo Movers on top at 6-1.“We want to finish the eliminations on top,” said Foton coach Moro Branislav.Cocolife (3-3) and Sta. Lucia Realty (1-5) battle in the other match at 4:15 p.m..A top finish in the single-round eliminations would pit the No. 1 team against the No. 8; No. 2 against No. 7; No. 3 against No. 6; and No. 4 against No. 5.ADVERTISEMENT Malditas save PH from shutout Hotel says PH coach apologized for ‘kikiam for breakfast’ claim Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Even Sara Klisura was surprised upon finding out she scored a Philippine Superliga record 41 points.“Wow! 41 points?!” said the 25-year-old open spiker while looking at the score sheets after leading two-time defending champion Foton over erstwhile unbeaten F2 Logistics in Batangas City over the weekend.ADVERTISEMENT Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ MOST READ LATEST STORIES “I don’t usually count,” added the Serbian, who turned pro when she was 18 and has seen action for Russia, Italy and Romania in the European League.Klisura eclipsed the record of American Kristy Jaeckel, who made 40 playing for Petron three seasons ago.Incidentally, that earned Jaeckel the nickname “Jae-Kill,” very similar to what local writers have coined for Klisura: “Kill-Sura.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSBoxers Pacquiao, Petecio torchbearers for SEA Games opening“It’s not very important for me,” said Klisura of her scoring binge in the ongoing Chooks to Go-PSL Grand Prix. “The important thing for me is to make sure we get the championship.”That stern, no-fancy attitude will be front and center when Foton takes on lightweight Victoria Sports-UST at 7 p.m. on Tuesday at Filoil Flying V Center. Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next ‘A complete lie:’ Drilon refutes ‘blabbermouth’ Salo’s claims Jordan delivers on promise: 2 Cobra choppers now in PH
OTTAWA – The Supreme Court of Canada will not hear an appeal filed by outspoken political commentator Ezra Levant over a 2014 libel judgment against him.Levant was found to have libelled Khurrum Awan in nine posts to his online blog.An Ontario trial judge awarded Awan $50,000 in general damages and $30,000 in aggravated damages and ordered the libellous posts taken down.The posts dealt with Awan’s appearance at a British Columbia Human Rights Tribunal hearing in 2008.The Ontario Court of Appeal upheld the judgment against Levant last year.As usual, the Supreme Court gave no reasons for refusing to hear the appeal.In the original ruling, Judge Wendy Matheson said the blog posts were “motivated by malice.”“I find that the defendant’s dominant motive in these blog posts was ill will, and that his repeated failure to take even basic steps to check his facts showed a reckless disregard for the truth,” Matheson wrote in her decision.Awan was completing his articling and looking for work as a lawyer when the statements were posted online. Awan sought $100,000 in damages.