DOHA, Qatar – Branden Grace successfully defended his Qatar Masters title on Saturday, becoming the first player to do so since the tournament began in 1998. The South African shot a 3-under 69 on another wind-swept day at Doha Golf Club to win the second leg of the European Tour’s so-called ”Desert Swing” by two shots over Spain’s Rafael Cabrera-Bello (70) and Denmark’s Thorbjorn Olesen (71). Grace shot an overall 14-under 274 for his seventh European Tour title. Scotland’s Paul Lawrie, the overnight leader by two shots, faded away with a 78 and finished tied for 13th at 281, while Spain’s Sergio Garcia (70) shared seventh alongside South Africa’s Louis Oosthuizen (71) at 8-under 280. Grace made the turn at 1 under with a lone bogey on the fifth after starting with a birdie and adding another on the sixth hole. The turning point came on the par-5 ninth, where Lawrie pulled his tee shot way left and finished with a double bogey to hand over the sole lead to Grace. Grace is a traditionally strong finisher on the tough back nine here and the highlight Saturday was smashing his tee shot 327 yards on the par-5 18th, followed by an iron to 30 feet away and two-putting for a birdie. ”To win is tough, but to defend is even tougher,” Grace said. ”It’s brutal conditions out there.” Cabrera-Bello had one birdie and one double bogey in his first 15 holes, but finished in better weather with three straight birdies. ”It’s just a tough day, it was common to make mistakes,” he said.
Bristol-based continuing professional development provider Progressive Legal Training Ltd has ceased trading, a week after the Solicitors Regulation Authority announced plans to scrap the mandatory 16-hour CPD training requirement for solicitors.The firm, trading from High Street, Keynsham, Bristol, was established in 1995 and provided around 3,000 CPD courses across the country. A message on Progressive Legal’s website said today: ‘We very much regret to inform you that we have now ceased trading.’ Phone calls were answered by an automated message announcing the closure. The privately held company filed an annual return to Companies House on 19 May.The SRA last week approved plans to remove the CPD requirement from November 2016 and said it will cease to accredit CPD courses from November this year. Instead solicitors will be required to pledge an annual commitment to CPD via their practising certificate renewal.Both the Law Society and the Legal Services Consumer Panel criticised the plans.According to the SRA, 1,300 CPD providers and around 1,500 firms and lawyers are accredited to provide training in-house.The SRA expects to lose £500,000 in CPD accreditation fees as a result of the overhaul.
Oncam, the leading provider of 360-degree video capture and business intelligence technology, announced today the addition of a recessed camera model to both its Evolution-05 and Evolution-12 camera lines. A benefit to any interior design and a necessity for applications where aesthetics are critical, the new recessed cameras further diversify the company’s offerings.Blending seamlessly into any environment, the Evolution-05 and Evolution-12 recessed cameras are designed to offer the same 360-degree quality image and reliable and robust construction as the rest of the range, but in an easy to install, nearly-invisible design. While many other recessed cameras require extensive installation processes, Oncam’s recessed models can be managed entirely from below the ceiling line, making them easy and quick to install and maintain.The visible part of the camera has an extremely low profile, and can be painted to match any color scheme. Both models are Plenum rated to UL2043 standard for installation in ceilings and air handling spaces. All this makes it possible to provide high quality, unobstructed images without overshadowing elements of interior design in retail stores, hotels, casinos, banks and other applications.- Sponsor – “Our new recessed camera models give design-conscious organizations the opportunity to safeguard people and assets without compromising aesthetics,” said Justin Wheatley, VP Product Management, Oncam. “Oncam strives to offer its customers innovative solutions that best fit their locations while ensuring they receive the same high-quality 360-degree images that they need to optimize business operations, deliver extensive coverage and achieve significant ROI.”As with all other Oncam cameras, the recessed models incorporate Oncam’s industry-leading three-dimensional dewarping software to enable live and retrospective viewing and analysis of an entire scene. The free mobile app, OnVu360, brings Oncam’s signature 360-degree dewarping experience to customers’ fingertips, so the benefits can extend far beyond just the surveillance system. OnVu360 is integrated with many major video management systems, to extend Oncam’s experience beyond live viewing.The Evolution-05 and Evolution-12 camera ranges are ONVIF Profile S conformant, and integrate with third-party products that comply with the Profile S specifications.To schedule a demo during ASIS International Seminar and Exhibits, being held Sept. 12-14, in Orlando, Fla., or for more information, contact Oncam at [email protected] Stay UpdatedGet critical information for loss prevention professionals, security and retail management delivered right to your inbox. Sign up now
Ishant Sharma was ruled out of the showpiece event with a knee injury.He was expected to lead India’s bowling attack at the ongoing showpiece event before a knee injury forced him to return home.While injuries are considered a fast bowler’s constant companion, the frequency with which Ishant has been breaking down is a serious concern for the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).A senior BCCI official said Ishant needs to sort this issue out and ensure that he is fully fit when he returns to the team as injuries after every other series isn’t a good sign for a 26-year-old fast bowler.”This is a serious issue. He got injured in England, then again in Australia. The management was expecting him to lead the pack at the World Cup. He is just 26 and this is no age for a bowler to break down so frequently. He needs to complete his rehabilitation and return only once he is fully fit. We are lucky that the other bowlers stepped up and did a brilliant job, but things could also have gone badly,” the official told MAIL TODAY.”We got him tested in Australia and the doctor said Ishant is a classic example of an injury prone bowler. He needs to ensure that he is fully fit and doesn’t rush his return to the game. Complete rest till he is a 100 per cent is very important,” he opined.
Real Sociedad coach Imanol: Messi wouldn’t get a game hereby Carlos Volcano13 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveReal Sociedad coach Imanol Alguacil says he wouldn’t want Barcelona star Lionel Messi in his squad.Imanol says it’d be unlikely the Argentine would fit with the values of the Basque club. “He wouldn’t fit with the values and the way we are at Real Sociedad,” Imanol declared.”However, he’s an incredible player and does incredible things.”But these values of humility, normality, these big players don’t have them, coaching Messi would give me headaches, even though I’d win more games.” About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say
Texas WR Ryan NewsomeAll too often, college athletes find themselves in the news for the wrong reasons. Well, today, Texas freshman Ryan Newsome instead deserves some praise. Newsome, a three-star wide receiver who will join the team this fall, apparently made himself a fan at this past April’s spring game. While most of Texas’ players reportedly didn’t respond to a four-year-old Longhorns supporter yelling “hook’em” before the contest kicked off, Newsome took the time to go over and talk to him for a couple of minutes.It had such an impression on the young boy’s father, he went on Rivals and posted the entire story to the community. Newsome found it today and tweeted it out, telling his followers that it brought him joy.Stuff like this brings me so much joy! This is just the beginning for me! pic.twitter.com/3LwBOhBb1v— Ryan Newsome (@NewBoi17) May 24, 2015Very cool. Don’t be surprised if you see a few custom “Newsome” jerseys in the stands this fall.
EDMONTON – Alberta has become the latest province to cover the cost of a medical abortion pill.Health Minister Sarah Hoffman says Mifegymiso is now available for any woman in the province who requests it.Hoffman says providing universal coverage will give women greater choice when it comes to their reproductive health.She says it will help women who live in rural areas who have had to travel to urban centres for surgical abortions.The province says the pill may be used to terminate a pregnancy of up to 49 days.Before taking the drug, women must undergo an ultrasound to rule out potential health risks and to determine the age of gestation.“Women’s reproductive options should not be determined by their income or where they live,” Hoffman said Monday in a release.New Brunswick became the first province to provide universal coverage of the abortion pill earlier this month.Quebec and Ontario have indicated they plan to follow suit.The Manitoba government has said it will cover the cost of the abortion pill in areas where health-care facilities already provide the surgical procedure.Mifegymiso, a two-drug combination also known as RU-486, was authorized by Health Canada in July 2015 and entered the market in January.It costs about $300.The group Friends of Medicare applauded the Alberta government’s decision.“This is a great step to take to improve access to reproductive health care,” said Sandra Azocar, the group’s executive director.“We are hoping to hear plans to have providers appropriately trained on prescribing the pill, and ensuring that women using Mifegymiso in all communities have the proper supports during treatment.”
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday ordered mediation to settle the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid Ayodhya title dispute case by a three-member panel. The members comprise two legal eagles, both proponents of their field and a spiritual leader with a massive following. A brief look at the three who would be leading the mediation for the resolution of the case, which has been dragging on since 1992 and has kept the country on its toes with an anxious fervour. Also Read – IAF Day: Tributes paid to soldiers killed in line of duty in Jammu Retired Judge Fakkir Mohamed Ibrahim Kalifulla: The Supreme Court retired judge, who has been appointed to head the mediation committee, began his legal career in 1975 with law firm T.S. Gopalan & Co. He rose through the ranks to become a judge at the apex court in 2012, when he was sworn in by the then Chief Justice S. H. Kapadia. The Tamil Nadu born judge was made Chief Justice of the Jammu and Kashmir High Court in 2011 after serving as acting Chief Justice for two months. Kalifulla retired from the profession in July 2016 . Also Read – Shashi Tharoor writes to PM Modi: Don’t let your ‘mann ki baat’ become ‘maun ki baat’ Sriram Panchu: Panchu, also named to be a member of the committee, is a known and expert mediator who founded The Mediation Chambers in 2005. He is the president of the Association of Indian Mediators and a director on the board of the International Mediation Institute (IMI). He set up India’s first court-annexed mediation centre in 2005. Panchu was appointed by India’s Supreme Court to mediate a 500-square kilometre dispute between the states of Assam and Nagaland, and another public dispute involving the Parsi community in Bombay. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar: A noted spiritual leader known for his mediation skills in several social disputes.
Paris: Crude production is set to continue expanding in the United States thanks to shale oil, with the country becoming a net exporter from 2021, a development which should reinforce global energy security, the IEA said Monday. “The second wave of the US shale revolution is coming,” Fatih Birol, the executive director of the International Energy Agency, said in a statement. New technology that allows for extracting oil and gas from shale rock formations has led to a boom in oil production in the United States in recent years. With low production costs, that boom is set to continue. Also Read – Maruti cuts production for 8th straight month in SepThe IEA forecasts the United States will account for two-thirds of the increase in global oil production and some three-quarters of the expansion of liquefied natural gas (LNG) over the next five years. This will help the United States surpass Russia and nip at the heels of Saudi Arabia as the world’s top exporter. “This will shake up international oil and gas trade flows, with profound implications for the geopolitics of energy,” said Birol. Rising US shale production was one of the main drivers in the collapse in oil prices in 2014, from which the oil industry is just recovering. Also Read – Ensure strict implementation on ban of import of e-cigarettes: revenue to CustomsProduction outside the OPEC oil cartel is set to continue rising, according to the IEA, which sees it climbing by 6.1 million barrels per day (mbd) to 68.7 mbd in 2024. In addition to the United States, both Brazil and Norway are expected to increase output. Meanwhile, OPEC output is expected to dip in 2019 and 2020, before resuming modest growth to 32 mbd in 2024. Overall, global output is expected to rise by 5.9 mbd by 2024, with output in Iran expected to drop due to US sanctions and Venezuela thanks to its deep economic crisis. The IEA also sees growth in demand for oil to ease, in particular due to slowing expansion in China. Nevertheless, it sees demand increasing by an annual average of 1.2 mbd to 2024. China and India will still account for nearly half of the global increase in oil demand, which is expected to rise by 7.1 mbd to 106.4 mbd in 2024. Moreover, the IEA continues to see no peak in oil demand. The petrochemicals sector and jet fuel will be the key drivers of growth, “more than offsetting a slowdown in gasoline due to efficiency gains and electric cars”, said the IEA.
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#Bahamas, November 25, 2017 – Nassau – Former Cabinet Minister, Member of Parliament and House Speaker, Sir Arlington Griffith Butler, K.C.M.G., was remembered Friday (November 24, 2017) as a man who responded to the injustices of his times by entering the political arena to help bring about racial, economic and social equality in The Bahamas.Sir Arlington was further remembered as a man “who lent his energy to the struggle for Majority Rule.”At an Official Funeral at Christ Church Cathedral, George Street, Prime Minister Dr. the Hon. Hubert A. Minnis memorialized Sir Arlington as “part of a generation of men and women who must be remembered in our history for their courage, determination and commitment to freedom and democracy.“We have lost a Bahamian patriot and politician who loved his country and who gave his Bahamaland his full measure of devotion.”Sir Arlington Butler was a former educator, attorney, Member of Parliament, Cabinet Minister, House Speaker, Bahamas Ambassador to the United States of America, and Bahamian sporting community luminary. He died at the age of 79. Following the funeral, his remains were interred at Lakeview Memorial Gardens.Delivering condolences at the Official Funeral, Prime Minister Minnis said Sir Arlington was also a “fierce defender of the authority of the Speaker of the Honourable House of Assembly.” (Sir Arlington served as Speaker of the Honourable House of Assembly from 1972-1977.)“He revered the House of Assembly which Sir Arthur Foulkes (former Governor-General of the Commonwealth of The Bahamas) once described as the ‘centrepiece of an independent Parliamentary democracy called the Commonwealth of The Bahamas.’“Sir Arlington had a deep respect for the institution and its traditions. He had an extraordinary knowledge of Parliamentary procedure and the rights of Parliament, steeped in ancient history,” said Prime Minister Minnis.“He was a fierce defender of the authority and independence of the Speaker,” the Prime Minister added.Arlington Griffith Butler was a former educator who left the profession to contest a seat in the House of Assembly in 1968. Four years later, he was elected Speaker of the Honourable House of Assembly. After parting ways with the governing party, Sir Arlington ran unsuccessfully in the General Elections of 1977, 1982 and 1987.Sir Arlington returned to the House of Assembly following the 1992 General Elections, and was made a senior Member of Cabinet by Prime Minister, the Rt. Hon. Hubert A. Ingraham. Sir Arlington was subsequently appointed Bahamas Ambassador to the United States of America, and in 1996, received a knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II for his public service and many contributions to national development over several decades.Sir Arlington was also (to date) the longest serving President of The Bahamas Olympic Association.“His presence, exuberant spirit and fellowship will be missed,” Prime Minister Minnis said. “We honour Sir Arlington Butler for his service and love of country. With grateful hearts, we thank him for his many and diverse contributions to our Commonwealth.”By: Matt MauraPhoto captionsHeader: Prime Minister Dr. the Hon. Hubert A. Minnis, conveying condolences.1st insert: Official Funeral of Sir Arlington Butler, November 24, 2017 at Christ Church Cathedral. In first pew are Governor General Her Excellency Dame Marguerite Pindling and Prime Minister Dr. the Hon. Hubert Minnis.2nd insert: The Bahamian Flag, presented to Sir Arlington’s widow, Lady Hazel Butler, by Minister of Financial Services, Trade & Industry and Immigration the Hon. Brent Symonette, at the graveside.BIS Photos/Peter Ramsay Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items: