uktrqajf

Sterling calls criticism of Kean laughable after racist abuse

first_imgRaheem Sterling has branded criticism of Moise Kean laughable after the Juventus striker was racially abused by fans on Tuesday.Juve defender Leonardo Bonucci claimed team-mate Kean should take “50-50” of the blame for the abuse he suffered in his side’s 2-0 win at Cagliari.England international Sterling, who was racially abused in last month’s Euro 2020 qualifier in Montenegro, took to Instagram to counter Bonucci’s argument.“The blame is 50-50 @bonuccileo19,” Manchester City forward Sterling posted on his story alongside a number of laughing and applause emojis.“All you can do now is laugh.”Kean was abused all night by sections of Cagliari supporters, with monkey chants aimed at him, but the 19-year-old had the final say when scoring Juve’s second goal with five minutes left.The Italy striker stood next to the post, his arms spread in defiant response to the abuse coming from the stands behind.His reaction was criticised by Bonucci, who told Sky Sport Italia after the game: “I think the blame is 50-50, because Moise shouldn’t have done that and the Curva (Cagliari’s ‘ultra’ fans) should not have reacted that way.“We are professionals, we have to set the example and not provoke anyone.”Also writing on Instagram, Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba said: “I support every fight against racism, we’re all equal.”Pogba added in Italian: “Good Italians wake up, you can’t let a small racist group speak for you. #equalgame #respect”Juventus captain Giorgio Chiellini led the player protests to referee Piero Giacomelli, who also spoke to both managers, about the racist abuse.Cagliari skipper Luca Ceppitelli appealed directly to the home fans behind the goal for the offensive chants to stop.Juve midfielder Blaise Matuidi appeared to gesture to manager Massimiliano Allegri that he should take his players off.There was a delay of around three minutes. An announcement had been made over the public address system to highlight the issue – which was greeted by more jeers from some home supporters.Afterwards, Kean posted a message on Instagram with a photo of his celebration and a caption which read: “The best way to respond to racism #notoracism”.Allegri felt Kean should not have responded to the racist chants with his goal celebration – but called for the “idiots” responsible to be handed lifetime bans.“He shouldn’t have celebrated in that manner,” Allegri said afterwards in a press conference reported by the club.“He is a young man and he has to learn, but certain things from the crowd also shouldn’t be heard.”In his post-match comments to broadcaster Sky Sport Italia, Allegri turned his attention to the need for the football authorities to tackle the “idiots” head on.“You need great intelligence to deal with these situations and should not go to provoke people. That, of course, does not mean the idiots in the crowd and the way they reacted should be justified,” he said.“As always in life, there are idiots who do stupid things and ruin it for everyone else.“I don’t think talking about it all the time helps. I don’t think halting play helps, because not everyone in the stadium did that.“We need to use the cameras, find those who are doing it and punish them. It’s very simple, identify them and not one-year ban or two, just give them a lifetime ban.“We’ve got the technology, it can be done if the authorities want to. The problem is, they don’t really want to.”last_img read more

0
Read More

Columbian forward CJ Perez is top PBA rookie for March

first_imgP260,000 each in aid to displaced Marawi folk released by US Phivolcs: Slim probability of Taal Volcano caldera eruption Duterte says he will appoint Gamboa as next PNP chief Tim Cone still willing to coach Gilas but admits decision won’t be ‘simple yes or no’ Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Columbian rookie CJ Perez. Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netMANILA, Philippines– Even if Columbian failed to make it to the quarterfinals of the 2019 PBA Philippine Cup, CJ Perez still managed to continue to impress in his rookie year.For the second time, Perez was named the PBA Press Corps Rookie of Month for March after averaging17.3 points, 7.3 rebounds, and 2.5 assists in four games of the elimination round.ADVERTISEMENT Comelec assures no disruption in operations with retirement of execs Sarah Geronimo’s ‘Tala’ enters Billboard’s world digital song sales chart Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. ‘Duterte legacy:’ Gov’t boasts achievements so farcenter_img MOST READ LATEST STORIES The Dyip at one point were contenders for a berth in the playoffs but a 101-98 loss to TnT sent them crashing out of the running. They went 1-3 during the month.The no. 3 overall draft pick also received recognition for his stellar play in January when the award was first handed out.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissSPORTSCoronation night?SPORTSThirdy Ravena gets‍‍‍ offers from Asia, Australian ball clubsPerez, who was named the MVP of the Rookies/Sophomores versus Juniors in the All-Star week, edged NorthPort’s Robert Bolick in a close vote, 8-6, to earn the citation. View comments Finally a playoff game at Detroit Pistons’ new arena Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Nextlast_img read more

0
Read More

Crystal Palace can beat anyone in the Premier League, insists Warnock

first_imgCrystal Palace manager Neil Warnock has backed his side to beat more of the Premier League’s top sides following their 3-1 triumph over Liverpool.The Eagles went a goal down after only 89 seconds at Selhurst Park as Rickie Lambert grabbed his first goal of the season but a sensational turnaround saw Dwight Gayle, Joe Ledley and Mile Jedinak stun Brendan Rodgers’ Reds, while Yannick Bolasie starred on the wing.And, with his frontline looking in fine fettle, Warnock believes his team will be able to cause more teams problems in the coming weeks.He said: “If our four forwards play well we’ve got a great chance of beating anybody. They’ve been below-par over the last three games and never looked like doing what we did today.“But today I thought they would have been a handful for anyone in the Premier League. When they play like that we’ve always got a chance because we’re not bad in defence or midfield.”And Warnock has once again hailed Bolasie for his ability and attitude after giving the Liverpool defence a torrid afternoon.“He’s just a great kid really,” purred the Palace boss. “He’d play for fun if he wanted to. He just comes into training with a big smile on his face, never says no to anything. It’s fabulous to see him running with the ball because you never know what he’s going to do next.”last_img read more

0
Read More

Arsenal could have signed quick, attacking 78kg star for FREE

first_img1 Oh what could have been, Arsenal fans.Gunners manager Arsene Wenger has revealed the club attempted to sign Kingsley Coman in 2014 when the teenager was heading for the PSG exit door.“We really tried to sign Kingsley Coman in the summer of 2014,” Wenger told beIN sports.Arsenal missed out, the player opted for Juventus and the 19-year-old is now on his third professional club having joined Bayern Munich in August.Name: Kingsley ComanDate of birth: 13/06/96Position: ForwardClub: Bayern (on loan from Juventus)Who is he?1) Coman was born in Paris and made his PSG debut at the age of 16, becoming the youngest player to appear for the first team when he came on against Sochaux in February 2013. He joined the Ligue 1 champion’s academy from US Senart-Moissy, a lower league club not too far from Paris, in 2004 and played four times for the club before leaving for free and agreeing a five-year contract with Juventus in 2014.2) Given the teams he has played for, it’s safe to say Coman has bags of quality. He is very attack minded and uses his pace, strength and vision to great effect. The 19-year-old can play on either wing and has also been delployed up top. His former manager at PSG, Carlo Ancelotti said Coman is “quick but also very intelligent.”3) In Italy, Coman left the country’s often hard to please media and a whole load of Serie A fans in awe of his talent on his debut against Chievo. In the 1-0 win he displayed great control and tested the goalkeeper on several occasions. The teenager has scored some fantastic goals in his short career, which you can see below.4) After playing 20 times for Juve where he finished the season as a title winner, Bayern made their move meaning that before Coman is 20 he will have played for PSG, France, Juventus and Bayern Munich. The Germans paid £5m to take him on loan for two seasons and £16m will make the deal permanent in 2017, which is likely to happen if things progress the way they are.Here’s what Arsenal have missed: He’s a quality player who was there, in Paris, who was not given his chance– Liverpool defender and former PSG captain Mamadou SakhoOur game style has much improved with Douglas Costa and Kinsgley Coman. We can use the whole pitch and our strikers, Lewandowski and Thomas Muller, get more chances– Bayern manager Pep Guardiola is thrilled the club signed Comanlast_img read more

0
Read More

FATHER MCDYER’S DREAM CONTINUES TO FLOURISH

first_imgA FOOD processing factory borne out of the hard work and dreams of legendary Glencolmcille priest Father James McDyer continues to flourish.An excellent article on Errigal Seafood is in today’s Irish Times.Finance director Alan Mitchell says the company has stayed one step ahead of the recession. You can read the full article here:http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2012/0410/1224314564729.html   FATHER MCDYER’S DREAM CONTINUES TO FLOURISH was last modified: April 10th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:FATHER MCDYER’S DREAM CONTINUES TO FLOURISHGlencolmkillelast_img read more

0
Read More

iRADIO’S DAVE O’CONNOR FOR KILDARRAGH FAIR GIG TONIGHT

first_imgHE’S probably the most popular radio presenter in the North West.And tonight iRadio’s Dave O’Connor is the special guest DJ at the Kildarragh Fair.He takes to the stage just after midnight in the Marquee – after a day of fun-filled events. The popular breakfast show presenter – famous for his on-air wind-ups – is set to attract hundreds of fans to tonight’s gig. iRADIO’S DAVE O’CONNOR FOR KILDARRAGH FAIR GIG TONIGHT was last modified: August 10th, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:dave o’connoriRADIOlast_img read more

0
Read More

DONEGAL MODEL GETS THREATS OVER SKY SOCCER SHOW

first_imgMODEL Collette McBarron was bombarded with abusive messages after her appearance on Sky Sports show Soccer AM, it has been revealed.The Donegal Town native and ex-squaddie says she was stunned she was bombarded with threats via Facebook because of the British programme’s links with the British Army.She appeared on the show wearing a Chelsea top and skimpy shorts. Collette, 26, who hit the headlines two years ago when she controversially quit her job as an army lieutenant.“I’ve received quite a few private mails full of abuse since the show aired and some of them have been really threatening,” said the London-based private fitness instructor.“Some of them have been claiming that the Irish army ‘won’t be happy with you,’ and things like that, because the show is broadcast to the troops in Afghanistan.“I was actually quite shocked, it does put a bit of a dampener on it but I’ve been trying not to let it get to me. It’s coming up on two years since I left the army and as far as I’m concerned I made the right decision. “That’s all in the past for me now and I just wish people would let me get on with my life. I live in London now. If people want to give out about me doing the show then that’s up to them.”The Donegal woman told Sky viewers of her love for Chelsea – and says she is hoping to do more work for SkySports.She rejected the view the show is sexist.Collette added: “I would completely disagree with anyone who thinks there was anything sexist about what I wore on the programme.“I mean there are loads of women in the audience and Helen Chamberlain has been presenting the show for years. It’s just all about the love of soccer. “When I was on, I had fun. I was never made to feel like I was not an equal to anyone. I never felt I was being taken advantage or anything like that. It was just really light-hearted stuff,” she added.She also backed the firing of Andy Gray, adding: “When he’s in such a position where his opinion has a lot of influence, I don’t think he can be as prejudiced as he is.“It was a shock when he was let go but they do have a policy where they have no tolerance for anything like that.”DONEGAL MODEL GETS THREATS OVER SKY SOCCER SHOW was last modified: February 8th, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

0
Read More

SNOW WILL HIT DONEGAL TODAY – FORECASTERS

first_imgTHE BITING chill of winter will sweep across Donegal later today – with snow and high winds predicted.Forecasters with RTE are predicting hail with snow on higher groundBut Sky and the BBC are forecasting heavier snowfalls, with Donegal in the eye of the storm. Computer-generated forecasts on Sky have snow hitting the west of the county and Inishowen around midday, with more snow across the county by teatime.SNOW WILL HIT DONEGAL TODAY – FORECASTERS was last modified: March 10th, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

0
Read More

Skiing and soft play: Murray’s unorthodox training methods

first_imgMurray’s mother Judy has been Stateside keeping a keen eye on her son’s progress and has posted a couple of videos of what he’s been up to.Innovative “Skiers Edge” equipment sees the Dunblane star work on his agility, while slam ball tests his coordination.The sessions may be unconventional but they are having the desired effect as Murray says he’s “feeling better every day” on his way back. Andy Murray is on the road to recovery and along the way the Scot has embraced some unorthodox training methods.The three-time Grand Slam champion endured a stop-start 2018 season after undergoing hip surgery last winter.Now, in a bid to rediscover the form which saw him reach the summit of men’s tennis Murray has travelled to Philadelphia, where he’s tackled some unconventional training.One session, shared on the Scot’s Instagram, shows Murray rolling back the years by diving over a series of soft-play hurdles.last_img read more

0
Read More

Washington County Inmate Roster – 7-1-19

first_imgKerstin Renee Garland, 19, Floyds Knobs Illegal Consumption of Alcoholic Beverage By A MinorOperating a Vehicle While Intoxicated, Endangering a PersonOperating a Vehicle While IntoxicatedLee Roy Cox, 48, Austin Operating a Vehicle While License Suspended or RevokedRoss Lee Greene, 37, Pekin Driving While SuspendedBryan K. Scott, 30, Salem TheftWashington County Sheriff’s DepartmentKevin M Young, 48, Salem Possession of ParaphernaliaOperating a Vehicle While Intoxicated Per SeOperating a Vehicle While Intoxicated With an Alcohol Equivalent of .15 grams of Alcohol June 30Washington County Sheriff’s DepartmentGaleb Zane Sowder, 23, Campbellsburg Here for CourtJune 29Salem City Police DepartmentKattrina Lynn Baker, 29, Salem Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated, Endangering a PersonOperating a Vehicle While Intoxicated With an Alcohol Equivalent of .15 grams of Alcohol Washington County Sheriff’s DepartmentAlbert L Hardin, 28, Pekin Illegal Consumption of Alcoholic Beverage By A MinorMadison Star Baker, 18, Floyds Knobscenter_img Contempt of CourtJessica Ann Losson, 32, Salem Battery or Battery by Bodily Waste Resulting in Moderate Bodily InjuryJuly 1Washington County Sheriff’s DepartmentJonathan Andrew Martin, 27, Pekin June 28Salem Police Department Operating a Vehicle While License Suspended or RevokedAmanda Gayle Gauge, 37, Salem Habitual Traffic OffenderCity of Salem PoliceJacob Wayne Howell, 24 Salem Residential EntryCriminal MischiefNathan Brock Anderson, 25, Mitchell Invasion of Privacylast_img read more

0
Read More